Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index Colorado Region SCCA
Visit the Colorado Region SCCA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woody Adams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Woody Adams Reply with quote

Woody's daughter-in-law, Mary just called

Woody passed away last night at about 9:30 PM Sad Sad Sad

She said that she and Mike will hold a celebration of his life sometime in June.
Boysen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not know Woody well, but did have a number of fun discussions with him over the years. When I bought my Zink, the seller had it at Woody's shop in Deadwood, SD and I picked it up there. Very interesting day: he told me about his heart stopping at MMP, how the medics thought that going off track as a result had restarted it, how he was probably not going to be allowed to race any more (for my money, I'd be fine racing with Woody in any state of health), that he had raced in the very first scca run-offs and nearly all since then, and more. A Korean War fighter pilot, a racer's Racer..odd, I woke up in the middle of the night over the weekend thinking about him.. will miss you, Woody. Sad
a Guy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woody, Woody, Woody....my dear friend....
We had many years of great racing. He told great, and long, stories of racing and flying.
I Remember first meeting him at the Rambler Inn motel in Pueblo ... in 1987!
I remember getting out of my race car in the grid at the 2004 SCR rain race telling Chad Johnson and Brian Vinson do not mess with Woody as he was in front of me and couldn't see or hear us behind him. We were in ITS and he was EP. I lost to Chad and Brian in that race because I was behind Woody and I was going to take care of him.
Best race Woody and I had was at MMP in 2009 were he ended up 1ST and I was feet behind him in 2ND just in front to Pratt Cole that we passInsert image: [img]http://image_url[/img] (alt+p)ed on the last turn of the last lap at MMP in EP, we put on a great show... Woody and I were both old then, of course he was older.

Not only did Woody race in the SCCA Runoffs starting in 1964 until 2009 but he raced at CDR in 1965 before they closed the track.

I will miss him. I am sorry of his loss for his good friends Bob, Scott, Kathy and Nancy.

[/img][img][/i[/img]mg]
BITD # RG0020
paul jensen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too thought of Woody over the weekend and just now read that he passed. Woody was amazing. I don't know if I'll race as long as he did but you never know!!! It sure did keep him feeling young!
Keep us in the loop with any plans Bob.
Jim Stinehelfer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Woody Reply with quote

I too loved to race with Woody. Also loved to watch his wife chew on him if he didn't win. I still remember a particular race down in La Junta . He was driving a S2000 and I was in my CSR. I had about 70 hp on him and we only had each other to race with that day. I would blow by him on the straight away and then ease up a little and by the time we got around he would skillfully find a way around me. I bet we passed each other 10 times that day and both were nothing but smiles by the end of the race.

Jim
stan czacki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Woody.......you had a good ride and left your mark! Godspeed, Stan
daveott

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: WOODY Reply with quote

A great loss for the region, the SCCA, racing in general, and for all who knew him, and for those that weren't fortunate to make his acquaintance. Keep us informed of when the memorial service will be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: