Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index Colorado Region SCCA
Visit the Colorado Region SCCA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1992 STL/SM for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Stinehelfer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: 1992 STL/SM for sale Reply with quote

For Sale 1992 Miata SM/STL Race car $13,500
I purchased the car from John Harms in the fall of 2015 with the intention to upgrade the engine and run in SCCA STL for $7000 delivered to Denver. The car, as purchased from John, was a legal SM with an Aim Dash, internal net, radio setup, fresh engine, new transmission, and new LSD differential and was in very good shape. I purchased a separate engine and had it built for STL and retained all the SM parts for conversion back to SM for SCCA or Mazda historic racing. The original SM Engine, stock exhaust, stock ECU, rotors, 230 cc injectors etc.are included. First gen SMs are increasing in value as they are now eligible for historic and vintage racing.

The New Engine for STL: The build goal was three year life (30 hours) before rebuild and was targeted for 170 hp at the crank (151 RWHP at 7250). Shift at 7500, Redline is 8000 rpm. Engine presently has approximately 8 hours on it.
The STL engine was assembled by Jesse Prather. Cost to assemble $1100
Head- rebuilt by Jeff Winters with new lifters and new exhaust springs $870
Supertech Pistons/Rings with 10.6 to 1 CR-$500
Eagle Forged Rods/ARP bolts-$450
Mazdaspeed racing bearings-$300
Jesse Prather Cams- high torque FP cams with adjustable Cam Gears-$1500
Jesse Prather Throttle Body -$500 installed
Stock flywheel /Act Clutch-$300
High Volume oil pump -$300
Jesse Prather baffled pan/Lightened Crank Pully-$200
Gates Timing belt/new idlers-$160
270 cc cleaned and matched injectors-$200
Engine $6,380
The chassis:
Poly suspension bushing everywhere $500 installed
2 qt Accusump-Manual $500 installed
Firecharger Fire Systems $350 installed
Oil Filter/cooler adaptor-$300 installed
RX7 Oil Cooler $200 installed
Jesse Prather header with race exhaust ( runs 93 db sound level) $1000 installed
Trick Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator $200 installed
Deatschwerks 200 Fuel Pump $400 installed
Megasquirt PNP ECU $850
New windshield $300 installed
Inovative AFR Meter $200 installed
Brembo Rotors(Hawk Blue pads) $100
Cold air intake $200
New belts in 2016 $200
Two additional sets (3 total) of 15 inch wheels $900
Chassis $6250

I turned 75 in July and have joined the older I get the faster I was club. Time to move on. Two 1st at the Last Chance seem like a good way to go out I finished third in the MIdstates Majors by two points. I had two DNFs out of 8 races. The first was the header broke hence the new one from Jesse. The second failure was the throttle body broke. Again hence the new one from Jesse. Without these failures this car would have won Midstates Majors championship by a wide margin

Jim Stinehelfer jstine42@aol.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: