Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index Colorado Region SCCA
Visit the Colorado Region SCCA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2018 RMDiv series question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index -> Club Racing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkmura

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: 2018 RMDiv series question Reply with quote

After reviewing the 2018 rule set, I noticed section 4.4 says "points will be awarded for one out-of-division race." Which out-of-division SCCA race was selected for this year?
blamkin86

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, traditionally, it's been the one out-of-division race that you had your best result.

I'll let others comment, but that's what's happened in the past.
Jim Stinehelfer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Out of Region Race Reply with quote

That's my understanding also. You pick the race you want to count. The region doesn"t

Jim S
dkmura

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using that logic, does Jackie have to ask each RMDiv driver which race they want to include in their point total? That doesn't seem like an easy or intuitive way to settle a championship. In the past, I seem to recall a race co-sanctioned at Hastings (MPH) by both Colo and Neb regions that counted for points in both RMDiv and MidDiv.
dkmura

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't seem like there's been an easy answer for this question. I wish we could get Jackie Rueggsegger to comment, as I doubt she's ever had to count an out-of-region race towards the RMDiv points total (except a designated race like Hastings) in the past.

To have every racer designate their best finish in an out-of-region race for Jackie to count means she'd have to verify TONS of results. That just doesn't seem to make sense- am I CRAZY?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index -> Club Racing Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: