Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index Colorado Region SCCA
Visit the Colorado Region SCCA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

82 Van Diemen CF/FF with spares - Cheap!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muleshoeracer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: 82 Van Diemen CF/FF with spares - Cheap! Reply with quote

> Car and spares - $9900, I have a cheap single axle trailer that can go with it if you want to come get it.

> 82 Van Diemen FF with log books
> Car has been basically inactive for several years and is sold assuming motor will need to be thoroughly checked out.
>
> It runs - when I received it the timing was off due to a distributor clamp that has weakened with age and needs to be replaced. Once I re-timed it the motor sounds reasonable, makes good oil PSI (40 cold, 20 hot) and does not smoke.
>
> Car shifts cleanly through the gears, no welds in uprights or gearbox noted. Van Diemen specific plates under gearbox, uprights, hewland adaptor, rockers all appear to be in very descent condition.
>
> Frame is above average in appearance and evidence of repairs - does not appear to need anything.
>
> Suspension arms all are good - a couple of small dings but very presentable with some elbow grease clean up.
>
> Car holds water pressure to about 185 - I have not had the motor warmer than that.
>
> Nice guages although the oil psi is still running the plastic hose from motor and it needs replacing with proper AN style hose. Tach is a Stack electronic with memory, etc - nice piece - dash is very presentable
>
> Cockpit is very good - nice covered seat - nice pedal area - descent aluminum panels
>
> Fire system shows charge
>
> Microdynamics adjustable rev limiter is installed
>
> Bilstien shocks were rebuild about 2 events ago by Doug Brenner - a personal friend of the prior owner and shock guru.
>
> Wheel bearings, brakes, half shafts, cvs all passed the "feel test"
>
> Oberg oil filter
>
> No obvious cracks in header
>
> Body has typical stress cracks - looks good 20 feet away
>
> New parts this week:
> New Braille battery
> New Hans friendly belts - not shown - on order
> New Ivey valve springs
> New aluminum rocker pedastals
> New top end gasket set
> New fuel pump - on order
>
> Spares:
>
> 7 revolution wheels total
> 4 Compomotive Turbo wheels with old rains
> 4 Cromodora (??) alloy wheels
> Total of 15 wheels and a lot of lug nuts including the revolution style lug nuts
>
> Spare head
> Spare nose
> New Petronix ignitor
> 3 swaybars
> Carb parts
> Race intake
> Long tail add on piece
> Car cover
> Front Rocker, Rear Rocker, Front Upright
> Tub of other misc bits including engine parts.
>
> I have a large inventory of Mk 9 gears and can supply a used hard wired transponder but they are not included in the price.
>
> Can't post pictures here but I have a ton in addition to the one at the link below. If you use drop box it might be easier to give yo access to my folder there - the photos are large size so you get better quality images - I will send you the link but no problem if you want the photos individually.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jay Messenger
> 806-946-7252
muleshoeracer at yahoo dot com
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qh3h4bg65z6br4i/Photo%20May%2028%2C%207%2049%2023%20PM.jpg?dl=0
muleshoeracer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Sale Pending! Reply with quote

Sale Pending - thanks for the interest.

JM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: