TOPEKA, Kan. (January 4, 2012) – The 2013 Tire Rack SCCA National Solo Series and Tire Rack ProSolo Series schedules have been announced, with 27 total events spanning seven months, covering 16 states and featuring three unique event formats.
Included on the 2013 calendar is the introduction of the Match Tour format, featuring the Evolution Super Shootout, following a trial run at the conclusion of last season. In addition to nine Match Tours, the series will feature 10 ProSolo Rounds, seven Championship Tour rounds and the 41st Tire Rack SCCA Solo National Championship.
The Tire Rack ProSolo Series kicks off in Irvine, Calif. on the weekend of April 6th at the El Toro Air Base. The series features nine regular season rounds with the traditional Finale event once again opening the Tire Rack Solo National Champoinship week in Lincoln, Neb. Tire Rack ProSolo Stops include return engagements in Mineral Wells, Texas, East Rutherford, N. J., Washington, D.C., Farmington, N. M., Packwood, Wash. and Toledo, Ohio on stand-alone weekends.
In addition, ProSolo events will return to the double event weekends in Lincoln, Neb. For the Spring Nationals and the Fourth of July weekend’s Summer Nationals in Blytheville, Ark.
Officially, the Tire Rack National Tour program is being split into two formats. In addition to the new Match Tour weekends, the traditional Tour format will become the Championship Tour, reflective of its tie to Solo National’s format.
Including the two weekends combined with ProSolo, the seven-event Championship Tour schedule includes College Station, Texas, San Diego, Calif., Dover, Del., Packwood, Wash. and Wilmington, Ohio.
The inaugural Match Tour will be held at South Georgia Motorsports Park on the weekend of March 16th. The Match Tour format features class competition on Saturday and the Evolution Super Shootout on Sunday. The Shootout format allows the forty-eight fastest drivers to mix with the top four ladies, as well as twelve random drawn drivers in a four-ladder tournament to see who can take home the weekend’s top prize. Held on a traditional, championship style course, Match Tours are the best of both Solo elements, blending long, fast flowing courses with the excitement of elimination competition.
Match Tour dates are scheduled for Wilmington, Ohio, Peru, Ind., Mineral Wells, Texas, Fountain, Colo., Milwaukee, Wisc., Ayer, Mass., Blytheville, Ark. and St. George, Utah.
The season’s crown jewel, the 41st Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals, is on the schedule for September 3-6, with the ProSolo Finale on the Labor Day weekend. The season ender is part of the triple crown of holiday weekends, with the Spring Nationals once again on Memorial Day Weekend and the move of Summer Nationals to Fourth of July Weekend.
The complete Tire Rack Solo Schedule:
Tire Rack Championship Tour
- March 23-24 College Station Championship Tour, College Station, Texas
- March 30-31 San Diego Championship Tour, San Diego, Calif.
- April 27-28 Dover Championship Tour, Dover, Del.
- May 26-27 Spring Nationals, Lincoln, Neb.
- July 6-7 Summer Nationals, Blytheville, Ark.
- July 13-14 Packwood Championship Tour, Packwood, Wash.
- August 3-4 Wilmington Championship Tour, Wilmington, Ohio
- September 3-6 41st Tire Rack Solo National Championship, Lincoln, Neb.
Tire Rack Match Tour
- March 16-17 Dixie Match Tour, Adel, Ga.
- April 6-7 Wilmington Match Tour, Wilmington, Ohio
- May 11-12 St George Match Tour, St. George, Utah
- June 1-2 Peru Match Tour, Peru, Ind.
- June 15-16 Mineral Wells Match Tour, Mineral Wells, Texas
- June 22-23 Fountain Match Tour, Fountain, Colo.
- July 13-14 Milwaukee Match Tour, Milwaukee, Wis.
- July 20-21 Ayer Match Tour, Ayer, Mass.
- October TBD Blytheville Match Tour, Blytheville, Ark.
Tire Rack ProSolo Championship
- April 6-7 El Toro ProSolo, Irvine, Calif.
- April 13-14 Mineral Wells ProSolo, Mineral Wells, Texas
- April 20-21 New Jersey ProSolo, East Rutherford, N.J.
- May 24-25 Spring Nationals, Lincoln, Neb.
- June 8-9 DC ProSolo, Washington, D.C.
- June 29-30 Farmington ProSolo, Farmington, N.M.
- July 4-5 Summer Nationals, Blytheville, Ark.
- July 20-21 Packwood ProSolo, Packwood, Wash.
- July 27-28 Toledo ProSolo, Toledo, Ohio
- August 31-Sept. 1 ProSolo Finale, Lincoln, Neb.
More information on the Sports Car Club of America, the Tire Rack SCCA Solo programs, and the 41st Tire Rack Solo National Championship is available at www.scca.com.