SCCA Membership Contest Rules
Contest runs from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013.
Category 1: Current SCCA Members
Category 2: Current SCCA Regions (and corresponding Chapters)
Category 1 Rewards:
For each new member, referring members will receive $10.00 that may be used for the purchase of SCCA merchandise, applied to entry fees to a SCCA National Event or applied to SCCA membership. There is no limit to the amount a member may earn based on new member referrals. Monies earned will be applied as a credit in the membership record of the member. Additionally, each member who refers at least two new members will be entered into a drawing for a lifetime SCCA Membership to be awarded at the 2014 SCCA National Convention.
Category 2 Rewards:
Regions are eligible for rewards based on an overall increase in their total membership and their membership retention rate. Both are important for the continued growth of the SCCA, since renewing members are more likely to stay with the SCCA for more years while new members are needed to replace those that don’t renew.
- Membership Growth – 2%
- Membership Retention – 80%
- Level 1: Achieve 2% Growth and 80% Retention: Receive a 5% discount on all 2014 event sanction fees (excluding insurance and late fees).
- Level 2: Achieve 10% Growth and 80% Retention: Receive a 10% discount on all 2014 event sanction fees (excluding insurance and late fees).
- Level 3: Achieve 20% Growth and 80% Retention: Receive a 15% discount on all 2014 event sanction fees (excluding insurance and late fees).
The top ten referring members and top three Regions (for each size category) in percentage of new members and retention will be recognized monthly in Sports Car.
- Members; to be eligible for drawing, current SCCA members must be paid members in good standing through December 31, 2013.
- Regions; to be eligible, Regions must be in good standing.
New Membership Definition:
A new membership is defined as a membership for an individual that has not previously belonged to the SCCA, or an individual that was previously a SCCA member but whose membership lapsed at least six months prior to the date of the new membership. A new membership with a corresponding spouse or family membership counts as one membership.
New members may join:
- By visiting www.scca.com and submitting an online application. To receive credit the referring member’s name and membership number must be entered in the appropriate space on the online application form.
- By mailing a membership application to: Sports Car Club of America, P.O. Box 299, Topeka, KS 66601-0299. In order to receive credit, the referring member’s name and membership number must be written on the membership application. Membership applications can also be faxed to 785.232.7213.
Membership applications/brochures are available from the SCCA by contacting Membership Services at 800-770-2055 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline and Restrictions:
- All new member applications must be postmarked no later than December 31, 2013 to be counted.
- If referred by a current SCCA member, a new member application must contain the name and membership number of the referring member in order for the referring member to receive credit. Referral credit will not be given to applications received without the referring member’s membership number.
- If not used, “SCCA Gold” will be automatically applied to your Membership Renewal.
- For purpose of this contest, 2013 Membership is total membership as of December 1, 2013.
- SCCA members who are paid employees of SCCA are eligible for referral award incentives, but are not eligible for the grand prize drawing.