Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index Colorado Region SCCA
Visit the Colorado Region SCCA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proposed change in CF tire spec for 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index -> Regional Class Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Doyle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On to your rules stability subject. Do you know how long they have been the way they are? I'm trying to shake things up and ceate excitement to drive growth.

Surface Exploration Ltd
Shop # 303.940.1500
Fax # 303.940.1509

www.surfaceexploration.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bob Melvin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: shake things up? Reply with quote

Please explain what you mean? What is shaking things up (a much different tire) and how does that drive growth?

Help us here as maybe you are on to something, Chris. What are you suggesting we do that would drive growth?

Bob
Chris Doyle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On to your rules stability subject. Do you know how long they have been the way they are? I'm trying to shake things up and ceate excitement to drive growth.

Surface Exploration Ltd
Shop # 303.940.1500
Fax # 303.940.1509

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bob Melvin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Help us move this along Reply with quote

Chris, Buddy, we can only move things forward here if you explain what this means. You just typed the same thing again?
Answer this:

"Please explain what you mean? What is shaking things up (a much different tire) and how does that drive growth?

Help us here as maybe you are on to something, Chris. What are you suggesting we do that would drive growth? "
Help us to rally around your concepts to drive growth. What are they?

Bob
Chris Doyle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what history shows me is that classes that stay stagnant cause movement to other classes or completely moving on to something else.

So that being said change however big or small is what alway keeps things fluid. You will always have to people that complain about change, which is easier to justify, than the people that complain that nothing has changed in years and go away be because of it.

Surface Exploration Ltd
Shop # 303.940.1500
Fax # 303.940.1509

Chris Doyle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry makes a good point about CF in majors events. I'll look into that.

Surface Exploration Ltd
Shop # 303.940.1500
Fax # 303.940.1509

vr0000m

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: CF rules Reply with quote

Jerry,
In 2016 we will be allowed to have two Regional groups at our Majors. One all doors, and one formula and sports racers.
We can run Club Ford in the Regional group.
Jim C.
jthompson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good.
Thanks Jim.
vr0000m

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: cf rules Reply with quote

This is just brainstorming and not a fully thought out proposal.
Lets assume there are a number of later Formula Fords out there that want to run some events, but don't want to step up to the new spec tire.
Could we have another Regional class for these cars called Regional Formula Ford. The rules would be simple. Cars must conform to the current GCR except they could run any brand/compound tire.
This approach would cost nothing, would not interfere with the current CFF class, and would solve this problem (if it really does exist).
Jim C.
Allen Letterly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Letterly’s are in favor of only using 1 spec tires for the club ford in the rocky mountain region. We would prefer American Racer. IT has worked great for the club. If everybody runs the same tire, we are on a equal playing field with no controversy over which tires are faster. If I am buying 2-3 set a year for 3 different cars, Hoosiers would cost $1300 to 1800 more for the season there fore we would run 1-2 less races each year.

If someone out of our region or in want to run Hoosiers they can enter as a Formula Ford.
I have been in tire wars in the past, it just runs up the cost of racing, and drive people away.

So there are three vote for AR 133 as the only tire used in CF!

Allen Letterly - American Racers 133 only
Seth Letterly - American Racers 133 only
Jared Letterly - American Racers 133 only

We vote for not changing the tire rule for 3 or 4 years

Three votes NO to changing year eligibility.

If we start changing all of these thing people will just race vintage so their cars will be competitive. If we let 84 & 85 run then I should go buy a 85 Citation because I know they are faster than my 82 Zink, then are 78 lola car is now not competitive any more. And it go on till no one wants to come because the rules keep change.

I agree With Jim, let have a CFF-2 for hoosier and newer cars and letts see how many come out too play consitantly Or they run in the present class of FF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index -> Regional Class Rules All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: