Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index Colorado Region SCCA
Visit the Colorado Region SCCA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bargain - Swift DB1, extensive spares, many new parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muleshoeracer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject: Bargain - Swift DB1, extensive spares, many new parts Reply with quote

Cross posted - 85 Swift DB-1 Formula Ford will be at La Junta this weekend for shake down. $12,900

Come take a look.

I have a lot of photos I am glad to share - just drop me a note.

Some photos and the full advertisement are posted on ApexSpeed here:
https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?85159-Bargain-Swift-DB1-extensive-spares-many-new-parts
muleshoeracer

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Swift DB-1 Reply with quote

Tried the car out this weekend at La Junta - 8th lap in was my best - 56 sec flat vs a mid 53 lap record. I thought that sounded pretty good for starters. But the car was slower next session, running rough and down on power. A lot of digging before the race showed all to be in good order. It sounded perfect in the pits. Well..................

Lap one turn one - we see the racing gods and I park it. Car now has a nice Justice head/valve train/RFD manifold carb. A good Swift pan, good pistons, flywheel and clutch, distributor. But........ we need everything in between - lost two rods - I assume something happened while it sat so long - probably will never know. Anyway - I will leave the ad up but I am shopping for a pro built short block or motor needing freshening.

I will take my time and find a good one - there seems to be a lot of 30 year old motors popping up with all the interest in the 50th. I want a good piece for the car - not just a motor.

I did get a call tonight asking what I would sell it for "as is" - I quoted $9,900

Drop me a note if you have a lead on a donor motor, short block or if you are interested as is?

Still a rough day at the track is better than most days anywhere else - no regrets!

JM
BobC

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ow, sorry to hear that
muleshoeracer

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Deposit Reply with quote

Took a deposit from a great guy with a motor!

Here is a quick clip from La Junta first practice - last laps of the session. Best was a 56 flat.

https://youtu.be/LNrGenrvO2o

Thanks!

JM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: